Continuing Education and Fees
- Submit 12 Hours of continuing education with the Recertification Form and the fee of $20.00 each year.
- Postmarked after December 31: Submit 12 hours of continuing education and a fee of $30.00.
- If certification is not renewed by March 31 your Ohio Certification will be considered delinquent. Contact the Commission to determine how to reinstate your CODA.
- Ohio Certification not current for two or more years will require retaking the examination.
NOTE: It is not necessary to send documentation of CE programs/seminars attended. Keep this information for your records. The Commission may request copies of documentation if questions arise. Documentation sent with your renewal is not kept and cannot be returned.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Educational programs must be at least 45 minutes in length to quality for one (1) hour of credit. (Example: A 5-hour program/seminar is equal to 5 continuing education credits.)
- Continuing Education MUST BE DIRECTLY related to the practice of dental assisting or dentistry.
- Attendance at a dental assisting or dental seminar, workshop is typical acceptable forms of continuing education.
- Community Participation: The Commission recognizes the educational value of participation in dental-related community projects. Recertification credits are granted for community participation on the basis of one (1) credit for every two (2) clock hours of participation, up to four (4) CE credits for community participation may be used each year.
- Hours for CPR retraining, OSHA updates and Radiology review courses may be used for renewal.
- Home study and online courses approved by the ADA, AGD, ADAA or DANB.
- EFDA TRAINING: Persons enrolled in or who complete EFDA training after achieving Ohio Certification may use this training for two years CE credit. Proof of enrollment or successful completion of EFDA training must be submitted with the proper fee EACH YEAR.
Saturday, April 27 and Sunday April 28, 2024
Fort Hayes Career Center
546 Jack Gibbs Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43215
Registration is open from 8:00am to 8:30am. Please bring application for the exam, CPR card and student ID or driver’s license to the testing site.
NO CELL PHONES DURING THE TEST!!!