COMMISSION OHIO DENTAL ASSISTANT CERTIFICATION – RECERTIFICATION FORM
Your form has been submitted successfully!
RECERTIFICATION RENEWAL GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
Keeping your Certification Current
- To maintain current status you must renew each year. The expiration date is printed on your wallet card. A new wallet card and recertification form is sent with each renewal. Renewal notices are not sent. It is your responsibility to maintain you CODA.
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND FEES
- Submit 12 Hours of Continuing Education and fee of $20.00 before December 31 each year.
- Postmarked after December 31: Submit 12 hours of continuing education and fee of $30.00
- If certification is not renewed by March 31, your Ohio Certification will be considered delinquent. You may not use the CODA credential until you have renewed. Contact the Commission for renewal information.
- Ohio Certification not current for two or more years will require retaking the examination for reinstatement. Complete renewal form on other side and mail to: Commission Ohio Dental Assistant Certification 1501 Centerview Drive Copley, Ohio 44321 Checks should be made payable to: Commission Ohio Dental Assistant Certification or CODA NOTE: DO NOT send program certificates or certificates of your attendance at programs/seminars. Keep this information for your records. The Commission may request copies of documentation if questions arise. Documentation sent with your renewal is not kept and cannot be returned.
Acceptable Forms of Continuing Education
- Educational programs must be at least 45 minutes in length to quality for one (1) hour of credit. (Example: A 5-hour program/seminar is equal to 5 continuing education credits.)
- Continuing education MUST BE DIRECTLY related to the practice of dental assisting or dentistry to be acceptable for recertification credits.
- Attendance at a dental assisting or dental seminar, workshop or college course are typical of acceptable forms of continuing education.
- College courses not related to dentistry are subject to approval by Commission Board of Directors.
- Community Participation: The Commission recognizes the educational value of participation in dental-related community projects. Recertification credits are granted for community participation on the basis of one (1) credit for every two (2) clock hours of participation, up to four (4) CE credits for community participation may be used each year.
- Hours for CPR retraining, OSHA updates and Radiology review courses may be used for renewal.
- Home study courses.
- EFDA TRAINING: Persons who complete
EFDA training after achieving Ohio
Certification may receive 2 years of CE credit.
Proof of successful completion of EFDA
training must be submitted with the proper fee
INSIGNIA OF CERTIFIED OHIO DENTAL ASSISTANT
- The credential CODA should be used after the name of CURRENTLY Certified Ohio Dental Assistant